Established in St. Petersburg in 2001, Kachkin & Partners is now a Russian independent law firm with a focus on real estate, construction, PPP, infrastructure and dispute resolution. Our firm is uniquely qualified as we match up the unrivalled local expertise and dedication to the highest international standards of the legal work.
We have a substantial practical commercial experience advising major Western and Russian companies on complex Russian transactional, regulatory and litigation matters. We serve as a local counsel to foreign investors doing business Russia and their domestic legal advisors, offering solid legal advice in Russian law on the following issues:
- Comprehensive legal support for foreign companies venturing in Russia, from the very intention to settle a venture to its legal closure, if necessary
- Multijurisdictional transactions, including the trans-border M&A
- Forming joint ventures with a local partner, comprehensive legal due diligence of the prospective partners’ good faith (business activities and corporate structure)
- International trade and business: service and procurement contracts, license and distribution agreements, real estate related deals
- Customs regulation
- Legal support for foreign direct investment projects in Russia
- Support within dispute resolution, including representation in proceedings hold in Russian national civil and commercial courts at all levels, international commercial arbitration and pre-trial dispute settlement
- Insolvency & bankruptcy
- Labour and employment, visas and work permits
- Intellectual property & IT
- Competition & antitrust
- Tax consulting / tax litigation
We do not belong to any ‘best friends’ legal networks, preferring to maintain close and solid business relationships based on mutual trust with several firms in each jurisdiction in order to choose the one that best meets the requirements of a particular case. And we continuously seek to broaden our partner panel.
In our work we implement the Standards for Legal Profession introduced by the International Bar Association (IBA). The working languages in the firm are Russian and English, but our lawyers also work in Spanish and French.
Kachkin & Partners is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA), the Law Society of England and Wales and British-Russian Law Association, (BRLA). Our experts are endorsed by Chambers & Partners, The Legal500 and Best Lawyers worldwide professional rating among other.