Partner, Head of Corporate and Dispute Resolution Practice
Kirill started his legal career in 2001. He graduated from the Law School of Saint-Petersburg State University in 2002 and joined Kachkin & Partners as a lawyer at the very establishment of the firm. Due to his professional achievements he was promoted to become a Partner and a Head of Сorporate and Dispute Resolution Practice in just five years.
His area of expertise revolves around legal support of M&A transactions, support of companies' formation and operation, litigation on corporate and commercial law issues, as well as tax disputes and other regulatory claims. Both independently and as a head of team Kirill Saskov has won victory in resolution of disputes assessed at over 200 million dollars.
Kirill has gained extensive experience in cooperating with state entities on antitrust matters, securities and currency control legislative and practical issues, technical regulation and more.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Best Lawyers, the recognised international legal ranking, mentioned Kirill among the best Russian legal experts in corporate law and litigation. In 2015, 2016 and 2018 he was also marked in the research as one of the best to work with in the field of Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and in 2017 Kirill has been named "Lawyer of the Year" in this sphere. In 2018 he was also included in the list of leaders in the practice areas of mergers and acquisitions and for the first time - real estate and arbitration and mediation. Kachkin & Partners Corporate & Dispute Resolution Practice which is led by Kirill was endorsed for general business legal support and litigation in Russia by the preeminent professional directories Chambers Europe 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and The Legal500 EMEA 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Awarded by St. Petersburg Bar Association "For success achieved by attorney in civil cases" in 2015 and “For success achieved by attorney in business law” in 2017.
To name just few clients of his:
- Fast food restaurant chain SUBWAY RUSSIA - comprehensive legal support: corporate governance, general business issues, labour and employment, franchising and IP;
- TI Automotive, a multinational industrial car parts manufacturer headquartered in the UK - support of day-to-day activities of the Russian branch;
- Tebodin, international leader in engineering & technical consulting - representation in a number of disputes against contractors and tax authorities;
- Rurik Agro, an international agricultural holding – legal advice on labour law issues;
- STEP Group, leader in the field of commercial real estate construction services in the North-West of Russia – support on corporate law issues and legal advice on M&A in Russia and worldwide;
- Smeshariki Group – legal advice on corporate, tax and commercial matters;
- Store chain "Pyaterochka" (X5 Retail Group) - prevention from illegal utilisation of an exclusive trade mark by non-authorised third parties to secure the start of client's operations in the regional market;
- DIETA-18, group of food manufacturing and trade companies - support of corporate procedures, representation in disputes brought to court, legal advice on tax issues.
- Scandinavian microfinance organization – legal advice on the issues of labour, commercial and corporate law, support on interaction with public authorities.
Kirill is holding an IBA membership. In addition Kirill is a member of Russian Arbitration Association and an accredited arbitrator of the Association.
He has authored a number of publications in expert legal editions and is often interviewed by periodical business media.
He is fluent in English.