PROJECTS: PRIVATE-PUBLIC PARTNERSHIP
Private-Public Partnership (PPP) / Infrastructure Projects
Infrastructure and PPP is one of the most rapidly developing practices in our company. The impetus for its emergence was the active development of infrastructure projects in St. Petersburg, which is considered a leading city in this sphere, both in law and in practice.
PPP in Russia is quite new, and its framework provides newfound advantages and enables beneficial developments, both for private business and for the state. An increasingly important aspect developing major infrastructural projects is project finance. Knowing that the city was successfully realizing PPP and infrastructure projects one after the other, we couldn"t help but start this new practice with a great enthusiasm.
The international legal ratings The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, Chambers & Partners Europe 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 and IFLR1000 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, as well as the leading Russian ranking of law firms Pravo.Ru-300 2016, 2017 and the 2019 rating “Leaders of the Legal Services Market” of the “Kommersant” newspaper recommend Kachkin & Partners in the sphere of PPP. The involvement in legislative process of the Managing Partner Denis Kachkin is mentioned specially.
In 2019 Denis Kachkin was included in top 10 list of Russian lawyers who work in the sphere of PPP according to the rating “Leaders of the Legal Services Market” of the “Kommersant” newspaper.
In 2019 Kachkin & Partners has been also recognized among the finalists of the most prestigious award for lawyers Chambers Russia Awards 2019 in the category “Law Firm of the Year in PPP”.
In 2014 Denis Kachkin has been awarded the honorary title "Lawyer of the Year for Project Finance and Development" according to the international professional ranking Best Lawyers.
Being aware that English PPP experts are traditionally recognized as the best ones, we employ lawyers with Western education and experience in Russian PPP project implementation. We are successfully working in the local market, since long-standing practice has shown that both public and private enterprises prefer to work with a Russian law firm that knows the realities of Russian business practice and speaks their language.
Our services involve:
- the development of legal framework to introduce PPP principles upon request of public institutions and governmental bodies;
- advising public institutions and governmental bodies on developing the regional PPP policy and forming the institutional framework for the implementation of PPP projects;
- preparation of the legal basis for optimum infrastructural projects implementation model using PPP models;
- tender documentation preparation, support of contractor selection process;
- legal assessment of project risks and preparation of recommendations on optimum stratification of risks among project participants;
- advising on material law issues arising from infrastructural project implementation;
- advising on legal and land rights in immovable property;
- drafting concession agreements and related contracts, mediating the implementation of PPP projects (including project agreements, construction agreements, construction management and financing agreements);
- advising on and preparation of documentation for corporate and tax structuring, incl. SPV and consortium operations;
- advising on corporate and project financing, drafting relevant documentation, including security instruments;
- support of construction activity, including assistance in obtaining relevant permits and accessing utility services;
- advising on regulatory issues involving the use of natural resources, subsurface use, monument protection and other special legal structures.