Intellectual Property / Information Technologies
Experts of Kachkin & Partners in Intellectual property and Information technology practice have extensive and varied experience in advising clients. We provide legal support for registration, transfer and use of rights for intellectual property, conduct due diligence of intellectual property, develop the required documents and support our clients in the negotiations.
Our services involve:
1. Intellectual property:
- legal registration and protection of intellectual property items: copyright for all types of works (including software, literary and musical works, architectural projects, data bases, domain names and web-sites, etc.); industrial property (industrial designs, utility models, inventions); trademarks, service marks and commercial designations; goods origin appellation; selection achievements; integrated circuit layouts; secrets of production (know-how), neighbouring rights (performances and phonograms);
- consulting on legal regulation of intellectual property;
- preparation of contracts on intellectual property rights alienation, licensing agreements, distribution agreements, agreements for creation of intellectual property items, including their creation during R&D and etc., as well as registration of intellectual property items and transfer of rights (in Russia, Eurasian Union, in accordance with Madrid Agreement and PCT), also complex structuring of transactions for disposal of copyright objects; related registration of intellectual property items and transfer of rights to such objects;
- due diligence and legal audit of intellectual property items and transactions involving them;
- registration of employers' rights to intellectual property items created by employees during their performance of duty assignments;
- support of transactions on purchase / sale of companies, M&A and separate intellectual property items as part of such companies;
- representation in courts and other state structures – the Court for intellectual property rights of the Russian Federation, courts of general jurisdiction, arbitration courts, the Federal Service for Intellectual Property of Russia (Rospatent), customs and antitrust authorities, etc.;
- market legal clearance from counterfeit products and misuse of intellectual property items, development of integrated strategies for intellectual property items protection;
- development of legal and business models for management of intellectual property items, including in the Internet, and their effective use;
- comprehensive legal support at stages of franchising chain development and for existing franchising chains.
2. Legal protection of dignity and professional reputation:
- legal representation in courts of general jurisdiction and arbitration courts in disputes on professional reputation protection;
- preparation of recommendations on prevention of dignity and professional reputation violations.
3. Protection of personal data and confidential information:
- legal support of personal data and confidential information protection including representation in courts of general jurisdiction and arbitration courts;
- development of legal advice and drafting of corporate and other documents necessary for personal data and confidential information protection.
4. Legal registration and protection of IT technologies:
- advising on development, creation and use of IT-technologies;
- elaboration of agreements on development and use of IT-technologies;
- legal support of activity related to e-commerce, the Internet and electronic payments.