Real Estate and Construction
Real estate & investments has always been our main area of expertise. Since the founding of our firm 16 years ago, we have participated in the realization of more than 400 significant real estate projects.
Our lawyers are included in the list of recommended experts in Construction law in Russia according to the Best Lawyers international ratings (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017). In 2013 and 2018 Dmitry Nekrestyanov, Partner, Head of Real Estate and Investments Practice, has been honored as the "Lawyer of the Year" in the sphere of construction projects support, and in 2017 - in the sphere of real estate.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 the international legal rating the Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa confirmed the high level of expertise of Kachkin & Partners in the sphere of real estate and construction.
The international directory Chambers Europe 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 has included Kachkin & Partners into the list of the best consultants in the sphere of real estate transactions.
In 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Kachkin & Partners was named among the best Russian law firms in the “Commercial real estate / Construction” practice area, according to Pravo.Ru-300 rankings.
In 2019 Dmitry Nerkrestyanov was recognized one of the five best lawyers in Russia who work in the sphere of real estate and construction according to the rating “Leaders of the Legal Services Market” of the “Kommersant” newspaper.
Today we support the majority of prominent real estate projects in St. Petersburg, providing our clients with top-notch solutions to complex problems.
Our services involve:
- real estate transactions support, including reconstruction and new construction;
- legal due diligence of real estate assets belonging to firms and holdings;
- registration of title to land plots and other real estate properties, including unauthorized and unfinished constructions;
- privatization of state-owned property, including public takeover and targeted assignment of properties;
- consulting on urban planning and other restrictions affecting implementation of greenfield and brownfield projects
- working out leasing documentation sets on a turnkey basis;
- drafting package contracts on engineering, construction and construction management under FIDIC and AIA (American Institute of Architects) standards, legal support of contracts conclusion and performance;
- tender documentation preparation, support of contractor selection process;
- pre-trial dispute settlement, incl. restructuring of relations between project participants and drafting related agreements;
- representing the client's interests by resolution of disputes on real estate, engineering, construction and reconstruction issues.