Head of Transport Infrastructure
Igor is a graduate of the School of Law at M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University majoring in “Civil Law” and completed the “Management of Public-Private Partnership Projects in the Regions of the Russian Federation” course at the Finance University under the Government of the Russian Federation.
Prior to joining Kachkin & Partners Law Firm, Igor, starting in 2010, gained vast experience working on PPP projects at consulting firms, including the international company Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, a specialized concession operator which is implementing the first federal project for the construction and operation of a toll highway in Russia, and one of the largest Russian infrastructure and construction holdings.
Igor focuses on public-private partnership projects and project financing in the road and transport sectors at all stages of project implementation — from concept preparation, elaboration of the organizational and legal scheme of the project, and preparation of bidding and contract documents to negotiations at contract conclusion, achievement of the commercial and financial closure, refinancing, and project support during implementation.
In particular, Igor participated in the following projects:
- legal support for the financiers and, in the future, the concession operator and investor under a road construction and operation project — a road section from the 15th km to the 58th km of the M11 Moscow – Saint Petersburg toll road (the first federal toll road project in Russia);
- consulting the investor and, subsequently, the contractor under a motor road construction and operation project — the M-4 “Don” highway on the Aksai bypass section — under a long-term investment agreement;
- consulting the technical employer for construction work under a federal concession project for the construction and operation of the “Lavna” coal transshipment facility in the seaport of Murmansk;
- consulting the concession grantor and, subsequently, the concession operator under a construction and operation project for a new exit from the city of Ufa to the M-5 “Ural” federal highway (“Eastern Exit”);
- consulting the concession grantor under a construction and operation project for the Sterlitamak – Kaga – Magnitogorsk road (Republic of Bashkortostan);
- consulting the concession grantor under a concession project for the construction of a toll bridge across the Chusovaya River (Perm Territory);
- consulting GK Avtodor on the structuring of the “Europe – Western China” PPP project;
- consulting the concession grantor on the structuring of the project for the construction and operation of the “Omsk – Fedorovka” airport;
- consulting the concession operator under a concession project for the Kyzyl – Ak-Dovurak” and “Ak-Dovurak – Abaza” motor roads;
- consulting Krasnodar International Airport JSC (Basel Group) on the structuring of the airport rehabilitation project under a concession agreement; and
- consulting the investor under an investment project in the “Taman” seaport structured on the basis of the PPP principles.
In addition, Igor’s experience includes consulting on the issues of the U.S. and EU sanctions legislation.
Igor is fluent in English.