“Correlation of general civil and bankrupt grounds for transactions invalidity: courts in search of balance”
General civil grounds reference is found in almost every dispute regarding an invalid transaction recognition made by a debtor or with a debtor’s property. A question arises: is the arbitration manager obligated to challenge transactions concluded outside the suspiciousness period, if at a first approximation such transactions can be challenged on the grounds provided in the Civil Code of the Russian Federation? For more details see the article by Anna Vasileva, Kachkin & Partners Corporate and Dispute Resolution Associate.
The material was published in the journal «Legal work in a credit institution» No. 2 (64) / 2020
- Legal support for the business pursuits of the largest enterprise in the CIS engaged in the research, development and production of industrial- and scientific-purpose X-ray equipment on the issue of agreement performance in connection with the counterpart
- Representing the interests of a major importer of fish and seafood in a dispute with a bankrupt company seeking to have a deal declared void
- Protecting the interests of an architectural-design bureau during its contractor’s bankruptcy process
- Legal support for a client during a debtor’s bankruptcy procedure and the recovery of accumulated debt
- Holding a bankrupt company’s general director to subsidiary liability for more than 12 mln rubles