Protecting the interests of an owner of companies being liquidated
In early 2015, the owner of two companies conducting operations in the insurance business, contacted Kachkin & Partners with a request for consultation on the liquidation of the aforementioned companies in connection with their evident non-viability.
In the course of analyzing the documents presented by the client, as well as the companies’ operations, it was established that the legal entities would be unlikely to be in a position to pay off their debts, amounting to a total of about EURO 1,5 mln. Following the appointment of liquidation committees, signs of insolvency at the companies were confirmed, and Kachkin & Partners’ attorneys were able to swiftly draft and provide the arbitration court with filings seeking the declaration of both companies as insolvent (bankrupt).
Representing the interests of the owner of the liquidated companies, Kachkin & Partners’ attorneys monitored the legality of the measures taken by the liquidator in terms of the formation of the bankruptcy estate, as well as the sale of the debtors’ assets and settlements with creditors.
Kachkin & Partners’ attorneys acted on behalf of the client in a court dispute involving a claim by one of the creditors seeking the recovery of damages from the director of one of the debtor companies, as a result of which satisfaction of the stated claims was rejected in full.
- Legal support for the business pursuits of the largest enterprise in the CIS engaged in the research, development and production of industrial- and scientific-purpose X-ray equipment on the issue of agreement performance in connection with the counterpart
- Representing the interests of a major importer of fish and seafood in a dispute with a bankrupt company seeking to have a deal declared void
- Protecting the interests of an architectural-design bureau during its contractor’s bankruptcy process
- Legal support for a client during a debtor’s bankruptcy procedure and the recovery of accumulated debt
- Holding a bankrupt company’s general director to subsidiary liability for more than 12 mln rubles