Kachkin & Partners experts presented the law enforcement practice novels when considering bankruptcy disputes at the Business Finance Academy seminar
The Business Finance Academy (formerly the Association of Banks of the North-West) held an information and consultation seminar “Law Enforcement Practice Novels in Considering Bankruptcy (Insolvency) Disputes”. Kachkin & Partners experts participated in the event as speakers.
In her speeches Head of Bankruptcy Group Aleksandra Ulezko revealed the concepts of insolvency, insufficiency of property and objective bankruptcy and spoke about the circumstances that would prevent the inclusion of debt to affiliated persons into creditors’ register.
In her turn, Corporate and Dispute Resolution Practice Associate Julia Burdenko showed the current legal positions of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation and the tendencies of court practice regarding the participation of credit institutions in bankruptcy cases and elaborated on the balance and offset in bankruptcy.
There were other speakers at the event such as the bankruptcy judge of the Arbitration Court of St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region and the representative of debt settlement and bankruptcy procedures securing department of the Federal Tax Service Administration in St. Petersburg.
The participants of the seminar — representatives of the leading banks of St. Petersburg — had the opportunity to receive individual expert advice with the analysis of specific difficult situations.
- Legal support for the business pursuits of the largest enterprise in the CIS engaged in the research, development and production of industrial- and scientific-purpose X-ray equipment on the issue of agreement performance in connection with the counterpart
- Representing the interests of a major importer of fish and seafood in a dispute with a bankrupt company seeking to have a deal declared void
- Protecting the interests of an architectural-design bureau during its contractor’s bankruptcy process
- Legal support for a client during a debtor’s bankruptcy procedure and the recovery of accumulated debt
- Legal support of a consumer credit cooperative in the process of its member insolvency
- Holding a bankrupt company’s general director to subsidiary liability for more than 12 mln rubles
- Defending client’s interests in a dispute over the collection of back debt in an amount exceeding EURO 300 K
- Legal advice on a land plot purchase to a residential housing leader
- Protecting the interests of an owner of companies being liquidated