Kachkin & Partners held a bankruptcy event for top executives and business owners
Nowadays the word «bankruptcy» has become an everyday occurrence even for efficient and profitable businesses. At the event devoted to bankruptcy issues our experts from Corporate and Arbitration Practice spoke about possible ways of minimising any bankruptcy risks.
Aleksandra Ulezko, Head of Bankruptcy Group, and Anna Vasilyeva, Corporate and Dispute Resolution Associate at Kachkin & Partners, have shared practical advice and case studies on the following topics:
- How to check your counterparty and minimise its involvement in a bankruptcy case.
- How to formulate the transaction terms in order to increase chances to win a dispute if challenging the transaction in a counterparty bankruptcy case.
- How to find out whether a company is insolvent and has a lack of property.
- What to do to avoid subsidiary responsibility for failure to file for a bankruptcy if insolvency is determined.
- How to finance a business in order to turn the invested money back and gain profit.
The event has been moderated by Kirill Saskov, Partner at Kachkin & Partners.
- Legal support for the business pursuits of the largest enterprise in the CIS engaged in the research, development and production of industrial- and scientific-purpose X-ray equipment on the issue of agreement performance in connection with the counterpart
- Representing the interests of a major importer of fish and seafood in a dispute with a bankrupt company seeking to have a deal declared void
- Protecting the interests of an architectural-design bureau during its contractor’s bankruptcy process
- Legal support for a client during a debtor’s bankruptcy procedure and the recovery of accumulated debt
- Holding a bankrupt company’s general director to subsidiary liability for more than 12 mln rubles