Kachkin & Partners won the 7 billion RUB dispute on bringing a former top manager and a JSC “Mostostroy No. 6” board of directors member to responsibility in a bankruptcy case
In addition to a significant amount of subsidiary responsibility that could have been imposed on our client (over 7 billion RUB), this dispute is also interesting because the client turned to our company after losing in an appellate court.
Anton Vladimirovich Novikov, a former CEO and a member of the JSC “Mostostroy No. 6” board of directors with project portfolio for a total of about 11 billion RUB, which was declared bankrupt in March 2016, turned to Kachkin & Partners asking to represent his interests in a dispute concerning the imposition of subsidiary responsibility at the request of the insolvency representative and the largest banks of Russia, including JSB “Bank of Russia” and PJSC “Sberbank”. 14 senior managers of the company were claimed as defendants together with Anton Novikov. Our client was accused of concluding transactions that creditors and the insolvency representative considered unprofitable, as well as of refusing to initiate bankruptcy proceedings.
In May 2019, Kachkin & Partners lawyers had the cancellation of the illegal appellate court decision on the imposition of subsidiary responsibility. The case was remanded for further consideration under cassation procedure. Case materials were extended with additional debtor documents amounted to more than 250 volumes. In addition to the request of subsidiary responsibility imposition the Court requested restitution in the sum of more than 1 billion RUB to our client and another former top manager and the liquidator.
As a result, on January 25, 2021, more than a year and a half after the case was returned from the court of cassation, the Arbitration Court of the Moscow Region completed the trial and refused to bring Mr. Novikov to responsibility.
- Legal support for the business pursuits of the largest enterprise in the CIS engaged in the research, development and production of industrial- and scientific-purpose X-ray equipment on the issue of agreement performance in connection with the counterpart
- Representing the interests of a major importer of fish and seafood in a dispute with a bankrupt company seeking to have a deal declared void
- Protecting the interests of an architectural-design bureau during its contractor’s bankruptcy process
- Legal support for a client during a debtor’s bankruptcy procedure and the recovery of accumulated debt
- Holding a bankrupt company’s general director to subsidiary liability for more than 12 mln rubles