Legal support of the Russian branch of a major international company providing engineering works and performing other functions of a general designer
The staff of the Russian branch of the company numbers more than 200 employees who have various specialties. Employment contracts with some of them were terminated in late 2012. Former employees filed lawsuits to question the termination of contracts and to recover damages. In Russia involvement into a labor dispute usually turns out highly unfavorable for employers because employees do not bear expenses of the court and even if they lose the case they do not indemnify the employer for the litigation expenses incurred. Moreover, the longer the judicial proceedings are, the greater refund employees can claim for. This is due to the fact that the employer must pay them an indemnity equal to their month’s salary for the whole period of the forced unemployment given that their dismissal is deemed illegal.
Kachkin and Partners’ associates managed to arrange a settlement with former employees. The employer paid a little compensation in return for which the claimants waived all their claims. This allowed our client to save a considerable amount of money, cut down legal fees and to keep conflicts with employees from coming to light.
- Legal representation of the Russian branch of the international holding company against an employee who committed a substantial theft
- Legal support of the Russian branch of a major international company providing engineering works and performing other functions of a general designer
- Developing a training program and holding a series of legal seminars for LSR Group
- Defense of a scientific research institute in a labor dispute with a former employee
- Legal support to SUBWAY Russia on labour and employment matters