“The Ministry of Construction has simplified the procedure for obtaining state expertise”
Dmitry Nekrestyanov, Partner, Head of Real Estate and Investments Practice at Kachkin & Partners, comments on the material of the Ministry of Construction moratorium on the negative opinions issuance.
However, experts say that the document should not be read as if «now you can do everything without licenses and expertise.»
Ministry of Construction order No. 46 dated March 11, 2022 was published and caused a wide discussion. It introduces a moratorium on the issuance of negative opinions. Also, the lack of calculations for buildings and structures progressive collapse, certificates from the body for the protection of cultural heritage objects, a positive conclusion from the environmental review, licenses for working with high-hazard waste and other important documents will not be a reason for review contract early termination, and summary comments are not issued as well.
Such formulations caused understandable market participants fears. Experts, however, say that the document does not mean that «now you can do everything without licenses and expertise.»
“The Ministry of Construction order says that in the absence of such documents, the state examination will not issue a negative conclusion, but it does not say that it will issue a positive one. It’s just that now there will be no ping-pong when the package is returned to the customer. Officials will check the documents that are available and wait for the customer to report the missing ones,” says Dmitry Nekrestyanov, Partner, Head of Real Estate and Investments Practice at Kachkin & Partners.
“This document regulates the relationship between Glavgosexpertiza and the customer. It does not affect non-state expertise. We are talking about the fact that negative conclusions in particular for a certain period are not issued. That is, if Glavgosexpertiza cannot issue a positive conclusion (due to fatal violations), then it terminates the contract. At the same time, Glavgosexpertiza specialists must make every effort so that the customer and the designer work out all the comments and a positive conclusion is issued,” explains Alina Pletzer, Director General of Non-State Supervision and Expertise LLC.
We add that both the St. Petersburg and Leningrad construction supervision NSP reported that changes in the procedure for issuing state expertise did not affect the procedure for issuing a building permit. “The issuance of building permits takes place in the presence of all examinations — the applicant must have the entire package of documents,” the press service of the building block of the Leningrad Region Administration reports.
The government of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Construction have received broad powers in regulating urban planning activities: it is possible to simplify the procedure for coordinating general plans, PZZ, holding hearings, etc. Probably, the department will soon publish other regulations governing the new, “anti-sanction” work procedure construction industry.
Andrey Nekrasov, Anna Nezhinskaya
- Legal support of a construction company in court in the framework of defending the permit for an apartment building construction in the historical center of St. Petersburg
- Legal support of a development company in the framework of challenging the law of St. Petersburg on planted land
- Anti-corruption expertise of Pulkovo Observatory protective zone control
- Representation of a development company’s interests in a dispute over the land plot area significant increase
- Restructuring parties relationships in a large construction project
- Defending Siyanie CJSC, construction company contracted for construction of the Courtyard by Marriott Hotels, in a litigation dispute
- Protection of the North-West Regional Directorate of the State Federal Fishing Agency property interests by settlement of disputes on federal property use
- Representing A.Len, one of the leading architect & project design companies in St. Petersburg in a series of legal disputes with customers and subcontractors (total cost of 3M Euros)
- Legal support of buyout of a production complex in Arkhangelsk region
- Legal services in respect of construction of a large shopping mall Galleria located in the heart of St. Petersburg
- Legal support of a construction of high class residential complex in the historical centre of St. Petersburg
- Restructuring of investment commitments in a number of construction projects
- Legal support within the construction of a multi-purpose building complex in the suburb of St. Petersburg, Russia
- Legal support in frameworks of reconstruction of a building located in the St. Petersburg historical centre
- Legal support for the Belaya Dacha Outlet construction project in the Moscow Region
- Legal support to ATLANT-M automobile holding within construction of automobile showrooms and warehouses in St. Petersburg
- Support of real property buyout in respect to the St. Petersburg Ring Road construction
- Consulting the client, a lessor, on issues connected with its business structuring
- Kachkin & Partners was selected to advise “Shell Neft” on real estate issue
- Representing Adamant, a large development holding, at court
- Court representation of Tebodin, an international engineering company in a contract fulfilment dispute
- Major development company legal support at court under the investment contract of the residential complex «Bolshoi Drama Theatre House» construction with a total living area of 29 th sq m
- Legal support on project acquisition and start of construction of the business-class apartment complex “Light world “Inside” of the major investment-and-development company Seven Suns Development
- Legal support of interaction between the participants of planning work on construction of the new scene of the Maly Drama Theatre –Theatre of Europe
- Support of a land plot purchase for further construction of a truck parking site and administrative buildings
- Legal support of land plots privatization in St. Petersburg suburbs
- Supporting a private investor acquiring a major property complex in St. Petersburg historic center
- Complex legal support of a cold store building purchase for the purpose of expanding our client’s business
- Representing a construction company in dispute between parties of construction investment contract
- Legal support in the frameworks of the brownfield construction of two pig breeding plants by a Danish-Lithuanian agricultural company Idavang A/S