Pre-trial dispute settlement with the violators of the photographer’s copyright
Alexander Bravo is the owner of a non-profit Internet resource http://terijoki.spb.ru/ dedicated to the suburbs of St. Petersburg. As an exclusive right holder he faced with the piratical use of the photos.
The copyright holder posted the photos on the aforesaid website from which they were copied and used by St. Petersburg publishing house commissioned by the state enterprise for the preparation of a deluxe edition about St. Petersburg suburbs. Moreover, the information about the images source had been removed during the preparation of the book layout.
Since neither the publisher nor the state enterprise had not obtained the permission to use the pictures or to delete the copyright information, the right holder asked the lawyers of «Kachkin and Partners» for legal assistance in the dispute resolution.
As a result of the case circumstances’ analysis pre-trial claims with requirements for money compensation and publication of the information about the author and the copyright holder of controversial photographs were drafted by our lawyers and sent on behalf of the client.
Then the company’s lawyers held negotiations with the representatives of the copyright violators, as a result of which the publisher paid the compensation to Alexander Bravo for the violation of his rights and also published on its official website the information about the author and the copyright holder of controversial photos.
The effective pre-trial dispute resolution has allowed protecting the client not only from the violation of his rights but from excessive and extraordinary expenses that could have been caused by potential court proceedings on this issue.
- Legal support for the operations of a major Russian telemedicine company
- Legal support for the Internet project of a major construction company
- Due diligence of transaction to purchase an international PC software developer
- Legal assessment of risks in connection with a transaction involving the acquisition of an IT company
- Comprehensive legal support for the operations of the professional mass media
- Consulting support for the St. Petersburg Committee for the Promotion of Tourism on the exercise of intellectual-property rights to the city’s unofficial tourism logo
- Legal support of ICC RAS LLC in protection of its intellectual property rights
- Support of trademark registration for state-of-the-art apartment hotel in the historical center of Saint Petersburg
- Formulation of a legal strategy to protect intellectual-property rights and the other intangible assets created within the scope of implementation of a project involving the organization of sports competitions
- Protection of the toy store interests in the dispute over violation of the exclusive right for the trademark “Masha and the Bear”
- Legal support of a major Russian language lab manufacturer “Line” in a dispute in Chamber for Patent Disputes
- Preparation of a legal opinion on the assessment of risks of dispute the provision of legal protection to the trademark Tucano Coffee
- Legal support for a major Russian Internet service offering action searches kudago.com in the process of trademarks registration
- Legal support of the major Argentinian company Explosivos Tecnológicos Argentinos in drafting a licensing agreement on the provision of usage rights to a utility model
- Kachkin & Partners attorneys successfully defended the rights of the firm’s client at the Intellectual Property Court in the course of a dispute with Kodeks over the violation of software copyrights
- Representing the interests of the major international fast-food restaurant chain Domino’s Pizza in a dispute involving cybersquatting
- Defense of a major IT-company BIA Technologies rights to service intellectual property assets
- Defense of architectural studio’s rights to design of new stage in Maly Drama Theatre – Theatre of Europe
- Consulting on the legality of the functioning of an Internet-aggregator used for housing searches
- Pre-trial dispute settlement with the violators of the photographer’s copyright
- Comprehensive legal support in relation to SUBWAY’s franchising activities in Russia
- Legal support for the activities of an international company involving the issuance of microloans in connection with the provision of financial services via the Internet
- Assistance in the legal formalization of contractual relations at the negotiation stage with respect to the integration of an ERP-system in the informational infrastructure of Autokontinent Group
- Legal formalization of the processes involved in creating software and transferring the related intellectual-property rights to a company in the USA
- Consulting of international companies on the issues associated with the application of Russian legislation on personal data
- Comprehensive legal support for a transaction involving the sale of a set of rights to a popular website
- Legal advice in the protection of the interests of computer games developer operating in the social media sphere
- Legal support of an Internet TV-channel and video library start-up project during its launch phase
- Development of a training program and hosting of a series of seminars on intellectual property issues for members of the non-profit partnership Guild of Architects and Engineers of St. Petersburg
- Due diligence on the issue of the proper ownership of intellectual property rights to an item of industrial property within the territory of the Russian Federation and abroad
- Representation in the matter of protecting the business reputation of an American company in a court dispute with a leading Russian social networking service
- Preparation of a legal memorandum on the issue of the proper formalization of the client’s intellectual property rights to the software of a foreign copyright holder within the territory of the Russian Federation
- Legal support for the Russian architectural firm A.Len in a court dispute involving the recovery of compensation for the violation of exclusive rights to a work of architecture
- Defending the intellectual property rights in an domain name dispute
- Market clearance: Karusel hypermarket trademark exclusive right violators