Representing a big sanitary engineering supplier in a 15-million RUB commercial dispute
Our client, a big sanitary engineering supplier, delivered goods to a contractor (a construction depot) for an approximate sum of RUB 24M. The goods were paid partially only. When the client understood that the construction depot wouldn’t repay the debt of its own free will, he addressed «Kachkin & Partners» law firm for assistance.
The firm’s specialists prepared and initiated a lawsuit against the construction depot for debt collection for the goods and compensatory interest for the use of money. The dispute sum amounted to approximately 15 million RUB. In court the respondent said he didn’t have to pay the goods because of the supply agreement condition concerning the goods payment only after their sell-off though the goods hadn’t been sold by the ultimate consumer yet.
«Kachkin & Partners» associates convinced courts of all instances that the construction depot’s obligation was created after the goods had been transferred to it. The courts recognized the condition of the goods payment after the sell-off non-consensual and not resulting in legal effects.
Moreover, before the end of the process in court of cassation «Kachkin & Partners» associates received the enforcement order and succeeded with money transferring to the client’s bank account.
- Legal support of a construction company in court in the framework of defending the permit for an apartment building construction in the historical center of St. Petersburg
- Legal support of a development company in the framework of challenging the law of St. Petersburg on planted land
- Representation of a development company’s interests in a dispute over the land plot area significant increase
- Defending Siyanie CJSC, construction company contracted for construction of the Courtyard by Marriott Hotels, in a litigation dispute
- Protection of the North-West Regional Directorate of the State Federal Fishing Agency property interests by settlement of disputes on federal property use
- Representing A.Len, one of the leading architect & project design companies in St. Petersburg in a series of legal disputes with customers and subcontractors (total cost of 3M Euros)
- Representing the 6th Trust construction company in dispute between parties of construction investment contract
- Legal support to ATLANT-M automobile holding within construction of automobile showrooms and warehouses in St. Petersburg
- Representing Adamant, a large development holding, at court
- Court representation of Tebodin, an international engineering company in a contract fulfilment dispute
- Major development company legal support at court under the investment contract of the residential complex «Bolshoi Drama Theatre House» construction with a total living area of 29 th sq m
- Defending client interests in a dispute over the collection of back debt in an amount exceeding 13 mln rubles
- Representing a big sanitary engineering supplier in a 15-million RUB commercial dispute
- Protecting interests of a large equipment supplier for Oil and Gas industry
- Legal representation on tax disputes with regard to claiming illegal the tax prosecution and charging additional taxes.
- Representing LAM Electric Installation Company acting as defendant in three closely connected commercial disputes arising from construction works
- Representing Russian branch of Tebodin, a multinational engineering company, in the dispute with the tax authorities on tax remission
- Representing customers against a malevolent contractor on telecom networks construction
- Defending the owner of a large warehouse against the property management company
- Successful out-of-court settlement of a tax dispute
- Defending the warrantors
- Defending the non-commercial legal research institution against a customer
- Defending the intellectual property rights in an domain name dispute
- Legal representation in numerous court proceedings in relation to property claims
- Representing St. Petersburg Guild of Designers and Architects in a slander litigation